Coco Catalina Borsche
Vegetarian Sushi Roll16 min
Follow along with Coco and Simon as they prepare one of their favorite healthy recipes! There are so many ways to make and enjoy these, try it first with the ingredients listed below, or, add your own twist using fresh, local, in season veggies from wherever you are. The combinations are endless – comment below to let us know what you used!
– pomegranate to taste
– sushi rice
– nori seaweed papers
– sesame seeds
– ginger and garlic
– umeboshi plum paste
– maple syrup
– sesame oil
– soy sauce
– coconut oil
To cook the tempeh:
– slice and soak tempeh in the mixture of sesame oil, soy sauce, and maple syrup in the frying pan
– add garlic and ginger into pan
– cook on low heat, covered, for approximately 30 minutes to allow tempeh to simmer in sauce mixture, turning halfway through.
To cook the asparagus:
– peel outer skin off if too thick
– trim bottom ends off
– place in baking dish, coat with coconut oil, salt, and pepper
– bake for 15 minutes (425 F)
To cook the rice:
Add 2 cups of water with the 1 cup of rice, along with a couple of spoonfuls of umeboshi plum sauce bring to a boil and then turn down to a low simmer until cooked, light, and fluffy
– finely dice the scallions
– slice the tempeh and asparagus julienne style
– place rice onto seaweed, add asparagus, tempeh
– sprinkle with scallions and sesame seeds (and cilantro if you like)
– option to add a dash of pomegranate seeds!
Roll, slice, and enjoy!