Quinoa, Avocado, and Corn Salad2 min
– Raw kernels of 2 ears of corn, shaved right from cob
– 2 avocados, sliced and cut into 1” pieces
– 1 1/2 cups dry quinoa
– 3 Tbs. red onion, finely chopped
– 1 Tbs. lemon juice
– 1 Tbs. olive oil
– 2 Tbs. Liquid Amino Braggs or low-sodium tamari
– 1 Tbs. brown rice vinegar
Pre-prep: Be sure to soak the quinoa overnight in water and rinse well before using.
1. In a saucepan place 2 cups of water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and add the
quinoa to the hot water, and simmer until the water is absorbed and the grains
become translucent soft (about 10-15 minutes). Pour through a strainer and set to
the side in a bowl.
2. Blend all the dressing ingredients together until smooth in a blender, or simply
add them to a bowl and whisk well with a fork.
3. Shave the kernels of raw corn right off the cob with a large knife, and add to the
quinoa along with the avocadoes and chopped onion. Mix well.
4. Pour the dressing on top of the mixture and mix well again. Enjoy this yummy
dish with relish!