Greek-Inspired Quinoa Salad2 min
You can enjoy this dish hot or cold and pair it with a lovely bed of greens for a complete meal. This dish has a range of delicious flavors that complement each other- Dijon mustard, olives, fresh herbs and more. It is super easy to make and will last in the fridge for a few days. You can make it in batches and have for lunch or dinner.
- 2 cups dry quinoa
- 1/3 cup pitted and chopped Kalamata olives
- 1/3 cup drainer capers
- ¼ cup scallions
- ½ cup diced tomatoes
- ½ cup chopped purple cabbage
- 2 Tbs. fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tbs. Dijon mustard
- 1 ½ tsp. Celtic sea salt
- 2 Tbs. raw apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbs minced shallot
- 2 tsp. dried oregano
- ¼ cup olive oil
Pre-Prep: Be sure to soak the millet overnight in water and rinse well before using.
- In a saucepan over high heat, bring the water to a boil. Reduce heat, then add the millet and simmer until the millet has cooked to a softer texture- around 15-20 minutes. Pour through a strainer and set to the side to cool down.
- Blend all the dressing ingredients together until smooth in a blender, or simply add them to a bowl and whisk well with a fork.
- Add the millet to a large mixing bowl, then pour the dressing on top, and add the olives, capers, scallions, tomatoes and purple cabbage. Mix well and enjoy your delicious meal that will evoke memories or images of the beautiful Mediterranean part of the world!