The Gemini Full Moon is exact on December 3rd at 7:47am PST | 10:47am EST.
This full moon, governed by the Element of Air, is simultaneously a descent into your innermost chambers to release the past and a celebration of gratitude for all the blessings of the past year. This paradox is a Gemini moon code revealing opportunities for multi-faceted communication cosmically, internally, relationally, emotionally and spiritually that can offer personal transformation and healing in our collective consciousness (particularly relating to our ancestral bloodlines) and Mother Earth.
The full moon asks us to humbly illuminate our personal shadows and integrate them into the Light by taking responsibility for anything that needs expressing, amending, releasing or forgiving through communication. This communication may be with yourself or others from the past (including your ancestors). With this dualistic medicine of Gemini, it is also the time for us to gather and rise in the power of our sovereignty and communicate our gratitude and sacred desires with Earth and the cosmos. This communication includes prayer, song, dance, words, and actions. When we direct the power of our mind’s intentions through the lens of the heart by giving thanks we activate healing and transformation within and all around us. With our prayers and expressed visions, we assist in bringing into being the world we want to live in.
Cold Moon Attributes
- Tarot: The Sun
- Herbs: Holly, Fir, Mistletoe
- Colors: Blood red, White, Silver, Forest green
- Stones: Turquoise, Blue Topaz, Black Tourmaline; Hematite
- Animals: Bear, Deer, Wolf, Robin, Snowy owl
- Goddesses: Ixchel, Kali, Hathor, Hecate, Frigga
- Medicine: Hibernation; Rebirth of the light; Darkness; Connecting with loved ones; Yule: Winter Solstice; Darkness; Turning within; Shadow work
The ‘Cold Moon’ traditionally refers to the December Moon, as was tracked by Native American cultures. Some tribes called it Long Nights Moon, referring to the longer nights before Solstice.
Gemini Ritual Suggestions
- Share: Write a letter or make a phone call to a person that you need to communicate with in order to feel complete. Express your truth with heart and sincerity.
- Burn it: Write a list of the communication/thoughts that are happening inside your head that you are ready to shift. Beliefs, stories, habits, all that you wish to leave behind in 2017. What are you letting go of? Free it up. Give it voice. Let it out. Let it go and burn it (safely) with a candle or campfire or fireplace. Then proceed to ritual below.
- Stand in your Illuminated Vision: Let your visions come to life! Go deeper from the above ritual. With the space created from what you released, it’s now time to get creative with making a ‘vision board’ of your medium (whether visually with a painting or drawings or dance or write in your journal) and express your truth, dreams, visions, and all that you wish to bring more attention and energy to for yourself and for the planet. Place this out into the moonlight/speak it/sing it during the full moon window.
- Gem Stone Reminder: Put out your gem stones and jewels in a window or in water for cleansing, renewal, and activation. Place an apple and glass of water in the moonlight and have it for a ‘Moon Wisdom’ breakfast the next morning.
- Commune: Gather in an intentional way with loved ones and do any of the above together and create your own. Now can be a powerful time to be with the energy of the collective.
Full Moon rituals can be done the day before, of and after the actual full moon. This is the 3 day potency period. Blessings to you in this wondrous and magical time.